Last Updated on February 12, 2022
Traditional recipes for buttercream often include a lot of shortening, which can make the frosting taste less like traditional cream and more like cake or pie. You’ll want to use at least one part heavy whipping cream in your recipe instead.
The “why does my homemade buttercream frosting taste like butter” is a common problem. Here are some tips to help you make your frosting less creamy and more fruity.
Buttercream is a type of frosting that is made with butter, sugar, and eggs. It’s traditionally used in cakes and cupcakes. Reference: is buttercream supposed to taste like butter.
Watch This Video:
- buttercream tastes too buttery
- how to counteract too much butter
- frosting that doesn’t taste like butter
- which buttercream tastes best
- french buttercream too buttery